Bridges East St. Louis, Illinois

MacArthur Bridge Road Approach Demolition

This postcard view is looking east toward East St. Louis. The St. Louis-side road deck in the foreground remains.

This week, workers were demolishing more of the East St. Louis road approach to the the MacArthur Bridge (originally the Municipal Free Bridge, and opened in 1917). The road deck has been closed since 1982.